Get Drizzled, Gluten Free!
Olive Oil Blondies
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 40 mins Total time: 50 mins
Serves: 12 large or 24 small blondies
These olive oil blondies are totally chewy in the middle and crunchy around the edges. I promise that NOT ONE person will guess they're gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and paleo friendly! (they will be too busy munching them down!! )
4 large eggs
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil.
1 tablespoon Sea Salt (I use Redmond)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or 1 scraped vanilla bean
1¾ cups Light Muscovado Suga
r½ teaspoon Lemon zest
½ cup almond Flour (you can grind almonds yourself-it is moister)
3 cups lightly packed Tapioca Flour
½ teaspoon baking soda1 cup chocolate chunks (I used Amano Artisan Chocolate-70%)
**Chopped Dates-Your preference - add about 1/3 C.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with parchment paper and grease the paper lightly witholive oil.
2. Beat the eggs, olive oil, molasses, and vanilla extract with a fork in a large bowl. Add the sugar and salt and beatagain until smooth, then mix in the tapioca flour, almond flour, and baking soda. Stir in about ¾ of the chocolatechips, & dates, reserving the rest for sprinkling on top.
3. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
4. Bake for 40 minutes, turning the pan around once about halfway through, or until just set in the middle. Cool completely in the pan, then transfer to a cutting board, slice into squares or rectangles, and serve.
5. When serving cut into one inch squares, top with your favorite berry and Drizzle with Butcher's BunchesHandcrafted Preserves, Drizzle Fig or Drizzle (Fresh Berries.) It is wonderful and healthy!